Let's recap the first trimester:
- Total weight gain=7 lbs
- Look like I'm rocking a beer gut...not quite the round belly I am hoping for.
- Bra size went from a D to an E. I can officially call it an "Over the shoulder boulder holder" and mean it
- I haven't colored my hair since I found out I was pregnant...so I am starting to look a little more like a wrecked crack whore day by day. Thank god I've got all my teeth.
- Picture from the start to the end of the first tri:
- The beans have grown from splotches on u/s to things that actually resemble babies. Baby B likes to do the fist pump which makes me think I have a little Guido from Jersey Shore growing in there. It better not come out with a tan and spiky hair.
- I haven't felt anything that is noticeably movement yet. I have felt a few "bubbles" but nothing consistent. I can't wait to be able to feel them!
- Both are consistently measuring 1 week ahead of schedule. Please stay in there guys till 38 weeks. Momma doesn't want to go off maternity leave before Christmas!
How I'm feeling
- MS if finally starting to subside....unless I step in dog shit again at which point I will likely puke abruptly.
- Eating healthy foods is becoming easier. Chicken is still a struggle.
- The unrelenting tiredness is also starting to subside. I can stay up until 10 pm now...instead of 8:30! (Don't make fun of me...I know I act like an old woman...but I get up for work at 5am)
- I am finally off all of my IVF meds and it feels wonderful!
How Dad is feeling
- Not getting a good read on this one yet. I think he's excited, but he doesn't outwardly show it. He likes looking at baby stuff and taking me to BRU to do some shopping, but he doesn't ever bring it up.
- Dad's only been picking out boy names...because he's convinced that both of the beans are boys. I hope they are both girls just to prove him wrong (but so far he's been right about everything )
- So far it is just an empty room in the new house. We've put up the wall decal that we bought when we first found out we were pregnant that says "Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle."
- We've been picking up diapers when we go to the store....We have a whopping 4 cases of diapers in the closet.
- I picked up two boppy pillows off of craigslist yesterday which I am looking forward to making slip covers for. This weekend will go take a look at a used glider. In case you haven't noticed...buying used and saving money is the name of the game.
That about sums up the first trimester! 1 down, 2 more to go! Can't wait to meet our babies!