About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
I am a mom to amazing twin girls, a wife, and I work full time. I battled infertility for 2 years and over the course of treatments, a twin pregnancy, and raising twins I managed to gain about 80 lbs. I’ve lost about 50 lbs so far and would like to lose another 50 in my quest to become a hot mama.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thank you body for doing NOTHING that you are supposed to.

Dear body,

I would like to thank you for completely going against the grain and defying all normal body functions.  Despite the tears every month, I truly appreciate that you can't simply ovulate on your own.  I mean, I am not asking you for a lot.  Just drop an egg once a month.  How hard is that? Also, thanks so much for throwing in the metabolic problems with the PCOS.  I really appreciate having to work out twice as hard to maintain my fluffy physique.

As for today, I'd like to extend my sincerest gratitude for shrinking my lining to 6.8mm even though we were at 7.0mm last week.  Don't worry, I can deal with yet another botched IVF cycle.  It's OK...my sanity will get it eventually...don't even worry about it.

I definitely don't want to forget to mention how grateful I am for the awesome blemished skin you've blessed me with.  I think they suit my swollen boobs and masscara streaked face so well.

In closing, I could not be more grateful that you completely work the opposite of a normal woman’s body.  The joy of spending 30K this year on infertility treatments and drugs has been fun.

Just for shits and giggles…maybe you could try working these next couple of months.  That would be great. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Your owner



2 comments:

  1. What a great post. My body has received such messages several times over the past 18 months. And so far, no response. Hope you have better luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I know what you mean, girl! Keep that head up, though. It'll work out in spite of everything that seems to working against it.

    Glad to see you posting by the way - I'd been worried about you since you hadn't been around in a while and you know how I love to read your posts! =) I just wish you had happier news to report...so sorry.

    ReplyDelete