About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
I am a mom to amazing twin girls, a wife, and I work full time. I battled infertility for 2 years and over the course of treatments, a twin pregnancy, and raising twins I managed to gain about 80 lbs. I’ve lost about 50 lbs so far and would like to lose another 50 in my quest to become a hot mama.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Long overdue update...



Sorry.  I've been a terrible blogger.  It seems like things have been getting crazy around here.

So lets start from the baby shower.  We had our BIG baby shower this past weekend.  My mom, dad, and 2 sisters flew in for it.  It was so good to see them.  I haven't seen them since this past Christmas.  It was so neat to get to see my parents at 30 weeks pregnant.  Watching my family rub my belly and try to feel baby kicks is an experience I will never forget.  It was amazing. The baby shower itself was fantastic.  We got tons of stuff and got to spend time with great friends.  Notable gifts include our double stroller from my mom and dad, the swing from my sister, the double bassinet from my other sister, and lots and lots of clothes and things from friends.  Here are some pics from the whole shower weekend.

My sisters kissing their nieces/nephews:


My mom and dad at the baby shower
Here are some pics of my sisters and I working on my baby shower cake:

Ok, in other news, I found my self at the doctors office yesterday after having contractions every 4 minutes apart.  At our last appointment we did find that I am already 80% effaced and fingertip dilated, so I have been on bed rest since then.

They did an fFN test, and we fortunately found out today it was negative.  They went ahead and gave me 2 doses of the steriod shots to mature the babies lungs "just in case."

So now I am just laying around and crossing my legs tight!

9 comments:

  1. That cake is adorable and I love the pics of people kissing your belly! So cute.

    Glad you're still hanging in there and letting those babies mature... :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time for you and your family!!! It sounds so corny, but these really are special moments that you'll never get back and it's so nice that you have them here to remember them.

    You are looking great!!! Those babies will stay in there til they're nice and fully cooked. Great that your test came back negative - very comforting.

    So so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous cake! And you look fantastic! Keep up the good work baking those babies!

    (I'm sooo excited to find out if they're boys/girls -- I can't imagine how psyched you must be!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!!!! Glad you updated...I've missed you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that cake looked awesome! I wish I had some sort of creative talent.
    You look great too! Glad you had a good shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing, glad the hear everything is going well, minus the bedrest and cevix thing! I know how terrible bedresting can be! Stay strong, bedrest really does work, it kept my babies in 12 weeks longer and they came home with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cake....and you look beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cake!! You are so talented!!! Keeping you in my prayers and hope the babies decide to stay put for a while longer!!!

    ReplyDelete