About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
I am a mom to amazing twin girls, a wife, and I work full time. I battled infertility for 2 years and over the course of treatments, a twin pregnancy, and raising twins I managed to gain about 80 lbs. I’ve lost about 50 lbs so far and would like to lose another 50 in my quest to become a hot mama.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holding Steady

Today's doctor's appointment revealed that I am still 80% effaced and fingertip dilated.  Great news.  At least I know that all of this terribly boring bedrest is doing something good!   I also had a Non-stress test today (NST) which showed pretty steady contractions.  I had about 6 over a 30-40 minute span.  They aren't really painful, just really uncomfortable because they create so much pressure. The nurse seemed slightly concerned about this.  After showing it to the doctor I was sent home with instructions to call if the contractions get any closer together or get more painful.  Both babies heartbeats showed accelerations which is really good. 

The doctor today said if I go into labor in the next 2 weeks the will do everything they can to stop it, but once I hit 34 weeks they will go ahead and deliver the babies if my body decides it is time.  I am still really hoping to hold out for 36 weeks.  I asked the doctor about this and he said it might be possible to go up until my due date.  He said there is really no way to tell.  So now I just sit and wait! 

5 comments:

  1. You are in great hands and when they decide to pop out, they will healthy and strong. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your cervix is hanging in there! You've done a great job at buying those babies some more time. Sorry about the contractions, but hopefully they won't turn into anything of concern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for good news from the appointment. You're an amazing mom for staying put and keeping those babes in you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA for good news!!! You are so patient and already so much love for those babies!! I admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It must be nice to hear that all of the boringness of the bed rest is doing exactly what it is supposed to as I am sure that it gets frustrating sometimes!

    Fingers crossed for 36 weeks!

    ReplyDelete