About Me

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
I am a mom to amazing twin girls, a wife, and I work full time. I battled infertility for 2 years and over the course of treatments, a twin pregnancy, and raising twins I managed to gain about 80 lbs. I’ve lost about 50 lbs so far and would like to lose another 50 in my quest to become a hot mama.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

19 weeks-Halfway there!

Today officially marks the halfway point for twins!  I can't beleive I am halfway there already.  It feels surreal!  I am definetely starting to feel large and pregnant.  As much as I hate to admit it, there may be a slight waddle going on....the hips are just to achy to walk normal.

So now for the 19 weeks quiz:

How far along: 19 weeks, 0 days

Total Weight Gain: 17 lbs


Symptoms: My back is starting to feel the effects of carrying around this belly and boobs!  I finally found a lotion that has calmed the itchy skin...so for the time being I can scratch that off of the list of symptoms!


Stretch Marks: Yes...but no new ones thank god.


Sleep: Not as great as it had been.  I am waking up a little more to use the bathroom.


Best Moment Last Week: Ordering our nursery glider and getting our crib bedding in that my mom and dad bought us.  It's so pretty!


Movement: Yes....it is starting to get more consistent.  No definite "kicks" yet...more flutters and taps at this point.


Food Cravings: Anything that won't give me reflux!!


What I Miss: Laying on my back.


What am I looking forward to:  Sewing some curtains and a cornice box for the nursery this weekend.


Milestones: Reaching the halfway point!


How is Daddy? Amazing.  He's been so supportive...helping me get my whale like butt off the couch! He's also getting excited about building stuff for our kids...like swing sets and things.  It's cute.


19 whale week pics:
















And here are some pics of the beautiful bedding:




9 comments:

  1. Love the belly and the bedding!!! Congrats on being half way there!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good!

    When do you find out gender? And are you going to share with us? Enquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes so quickly from here on out! It's great that you're getting the nursery stuff done now. Love the bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!!!! And the next half is going to fly by even faster!!! The nursery looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend. I am very jealous about the lack of stretch marks though b/c although I haven't had any new ones in a while, all 10,000 have been there for months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the bedding, it's beautiful!!! Also PLEASE tell me what lotion you found to help with itchy skin, in the past week the itching has been driving me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet nursery! And you look great!

    BTW, I'll be in Nashville visiting my family with our twins at the end of the month, through the beginning of June. We're having a blogger lunch gettogether before we leave. Let me know if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being half way! I cannot believe how fast things are going!!! Love the bedding and how your nursery is coming along!! You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nursery and cute belly pictures. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete